A short video about this website…
The practice tests, cheat sheets, and clinical worksheets here can help with pharmacology or pharmacotherapy classes, clinical rotations, licensing exams (e.g., NAPLEX), certification exams (e.g., BCPS, BCIDP), and more.
All materials are original and developed by content experts. Want to learn from seasoned experts who love their craft and know what is most important about antimicrobials? If so, you have come to the right place!
What Content Does Learn Antibiotics Offer?
1. CHEAT SHEETS: These provide quick 1-page references. Study these concise references to learn core elements of a given topic.
2. CLINICAL ROTATION RESOURCES: These are pocket guides and worksheets that can help during practice-based learning experiences. Use them to help ensure you cover all of the important points when performing patient evaluations.
3. FILL IN THE BLANKS: This section provides a blank sheet and an answer sheet for a given topic. Use the blank sheet and try to fill in the missing information. Check how you did with the answer sheet. Repeat this task as an activity to help recall
4. PRACTICE TESTS: There are three types of practice tests. Each type has a slightly different format to support different studying techniques
- Rapid Fire Tests: These are meant to be quick refreshers. They are set up in a 2-step process similar to how you would get asked questions by a preceptor or how you would use flashcards. First read the question and think of your answer (or write it down to really hold yourself accountable). Second, click next to see the answer.
- Quick Fire Tests: These are a hybrid between our Rapid Fire Tests and Practice Tests. They offer a 2-step format similar to the Rapid Fire Tests so they are quick to go through, but they are in a multiple choice format and provide some explanations and take longer time to review than Rapid Fire Tests, similar to the Practice Tests.
- Practice Tests: These are more in-depth than Rapid Fire Tests or Quick Fire Tests. The content is provided in a question/answer/explanation format. This enables you to not only see if you got the question correct, but also see why your answer was the right one. These tests can help you find your knowledge gaps and fill them in.
5. GAMES: These are fun ways to learn about antibiotics and clinical pharmacy through gaming. We are building this section out in 2023 and have started with word searches and Jeopardy games.
Who Is Learn Antibiotics For?
✓ Students studying antibiotics in the classroom or on experiential rotations
✓ Residents and fellows completing post-graduate training
✓ Professionals preparing for a health professions licensing exam (e.g., NAPLEX, PANCE)
✓ Pharmacists preparing for board certification exams (e.g. BCPS, BCIDP)
Why does LearnAntibiotics.com take you to www.Training.IDstewardship.com?
IDstewardship is a shortened version of: infectious diseases + antimicrobial stewardship. Many students and non-ID trained people may not recognize these terms. To make it easier to identify what this site is all about and to make it easier to remember the website name, we made it so you can go to www.LearnAntibiotics.com and it will bring you here. This website is a sub-domain of www.IDstewardship.com.
While this website is very ID/stewardship-centric, do not be surprised to find content from other pharmacotherapy specialties, like biostatistics.
What is the difference between IDstewardship.com and LearnAntibiotics.com?
IDstewardship.com is a pharmacy-centric website that is technically a blog. It hosts a range of content that is 100% free and open access. LearnAntibiotics.com provides inexpensive memberships for tools that can help people learn about antibiotics. Memberships purchased on LearnAntibiotics.com help to support the continued maintenance and expansion of IDstewardship.com. If you are a fan of @IDstewardship on social media or IDstewardship.com, you can become a member here today to support our mission of promoting antimicrobial stewardship and clinical pharmacy.
What is the difference from the LearnAntibiotics.com content and the Learn Antibiotics book content?
All of the content in the Learn Antibiotics book (only available on Amazon) can be found for virtual use via LearnAntibiotics.com membership. Online memberships to LearnAntibiotics.com offers access to more content than is offered in the book and updated content is readily accessible here on the internet.
The Learn Antibiotics book is good for learners who prefer to have a physical resource to help learn practical information about antimicrobial pharmacotherapy.
Why Use Learn Antibiotics?
Learning ID is really really hard. Having more resources at your disposal can make the learning process easier. By adding our expert-derived tools to your existing resources, you can diversify your study strategies further and help set yourself up for success. We develop content that is unique, concise, and easy to access 24/7/365.
How Do I Use Learn Antibiotics?
Members can use the Member Content Page using the drop-down menu or use the buttons on the side of the webpage to navigate directly to the area of interest. Log in when prompted if necessary. It’s that easy!
If you ever have a problem, just use the contact page to let us know and we will provide prompt assistance!
Here is a blog post that may be of interest too…
What is the Forum?
The forum is a new section of the website we are in the process of establishing. You can check it out here. Only members are able to post and respond within the forum.
How Do I Change or Cancel My Membership?
Memberships can be modified in two ways. One way is to log in and then copy and paste www.Training.IDstewardship.com/Account into your browser. The other way is to contact us with the change you want made, which can be done here.
If you want to cancel your membership, log in and then put www.training.idstewardship/cancel into your browser.
What Do People Have to Say About IDstewardship Training?
Check out our testimonials page here.
Who Created This Website?
This website was created by Dr. Timothy Gauthier, who is board certified infectious diseases pharmacist with advanced training and experience in the area of infectious diseases/ antimicrobial stewardship. This website is owned by Charlie Rose, LLC.
The following individuals have made contributions to the content on this website: Erin McCreary, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCIDP, Kaylee Vitale, Pharm.D., BCPS, MBA, and Velliyur Viswesh, PharmD, BCIDP, BCCCP.